Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed a couple of things and wanted to know if they were common. It only has 30k miles and the pads look pretty new, when coming to a slow stop I get a squeal sometimes or a deeper sounding noise. Common with the Brembo's? Also if I start the car with the AC on and put it in gear I get a chatter from somewhere in the engine bay until I get a little bit down the road. Never heard anything like it before. Any insight is appreciated!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Noticed a couple of things and wanted to know if they were common. It only has 30k miles and the pads look pretty new, when coming to a slow stop I get a squeal sometimes or a deeper sounding noise. Common with the Brembo's? Also if I start the car with the AC on and put it in gear I get a chatter from somewhere in the engine bay until I get a little bit down the road. Never heard anything like it before. Any insight is appreciated!
Hi thedant,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing a squeal when coming to a slow stop. I do see that you’re currently looking for feedback here from the forum community. However, please let us know if we can be of any assistance. We would be more than happy to communicate with your dealership regarding this concern, and help you set up an appointment for a diagnosis. If interested, please feel free to send us a private message including your VIN, current mileage, full contact info and the name of your preferred dealer.

Kind regards,

Shane M.
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
81 Posts
First, congratulations on your purchase. They are great cars. They are also machines and not perfect.

Your chatter is likely a known accessory pulley issue. I had mine replaced at about 13,000 miles under warranty. You should have no problem getting it fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome thanks! Replaced the pads with some Stop Techs and they are quiet as can be now. Trifecta tune ordered last night! This car is worlds above my old 2.4 CXL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts