Buick Regal Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else find the low beams useless. We find that we can "outrun" the projection of the low beams at about 35mph.

Anyone with the Turbo model care to comment on the projector style?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was wondering if anyone else find the low beams useless. We find that we can "outrun" the projection of the low beams at about 35mph.

Anyone with the Turbo model care to comment on the projector style?
I find the projector headlights awesome! The low beams provide great illumination of the road ahead, and the high beams are crazy good too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I find the projector headlights awesome! The low beams provide great illumination of the road ahead, and the high beams are crazy good too.
This is exactly what I was hoping to hear! Now that the turbo models are easier to find; I may be on the look out for a set of the projector headlight and ballast system. We will have to see how hard of a swap it would be.

I agree with skooter... the halogen low beams are bad.
I envy you RegalTurbo.
I hope there will be a proper conversion kit available in the future.
+1 :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a Regal CXL RL2 with halogens (of course). I many times drive at night with my fog lights due to the halogens not being bright enough. I have considered a projector headlight setup, but know there are halogens out there that are brighter than the stock halogens. That may be a much simpler and much less expensive route. Possibly European-spec? I am not well-versed in automotive lighting so my knowledge is next to nil in this respect.

If any of you with a non-turbocharged Regal successfully switch to a projector setup, let us know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might be tricky... the light assembly has so many different connections for the actual high and low beam bulbs... a standard HID bulb kit with ballast may not work.
Can some one take a picture of the back assembly in a Turbo model?
I am fairly certain that the headlight housing for the Turbo model (Projector style) is a direct bolt onto the CXL version. I am going to talk to the dealership when I go in next week to get a spare key programmed; find out how much and what would be needed to adapt the stock turbo-style projectors to the standard version.

Will keep you updated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts