Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I paired my Android phone with IntelliLink so I can play music over the Bluetooth. My only problem is that IntelliLink only lets me seek tracks up and down. If I press the options button (which for a USB drive, would pull up a directory of all your music folders, etc), it just says "Shuffle".

I want IntelliLink to see my phone as a USB drive where I can actually see my folders, not just seek up and down.

Otherwise it looks like a USB drive will remain the best way for managing and playing music via IntelliLink.

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
I paired my Android phone with IntelliLink so I can play music over the Bluetooth. My only problem is that IntelliLink only lets me seek tracks up and down. If I press the options button (which for a USB drive, would pull up a directory of all your music folders, etc), it just says "Shuffle".

I want IntelliLink to see my phone as a USB drive where I can actually see my folders, not just seek up and down.

Otherwise it looks like a USB drive will remain the best way for managing and playing music via IntelliLink.

Thanks
roogal,
Thank you for your post with your question. When using Bluetooth to play music from your phone, the only options that will be available to the drive are seek forward, seek backward, and the sub menu option for shuffle (This shuffle option may not work depending on your phone. Our testing indicates that Android devices do not support shuffle). Also, this information is in: 2012 MyLink/Intellilink Radio Features and Functions Manual, page 48. You mentioned your work around would be to use the UBS as a mass storage device. This may be an option by using a USB stick, or another MP3 player. Most Android devices will not be recognized as mass storage. It may depend on the version of Android or if the device has been rooted to allow super user access to the device. Hope this helps.
Christina
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New issue... how does IntelliLink sort MP3 files via USB? I listen to audio books and it always sorts them out of order. Any way to control this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts