Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum and new to Buick.
I purchased a used 2018 Regal TourX. It has maybe 19k on it now.
I ran it out of gas on the freeway at 70 mph with an 1/8 showing on the gauge.
I was out of town, had it towed to the nearest dealer. After 3 hours, they told me I had run it out of fuel.
Two weeks later, it happened with 1/4 showing.
Ok, I take it in on Monday, it needs a new sensor on the gas tank and they had to order it. "Will be hear overnight!"
Great, I should get the car back on Wednesday, giving them time to do it right. "We'll call you when it's ready."
No calls on Wednesday. Ok, everyone is short handed, give them a break. I give them a call.
They orderd a new gas tank and a driveshaft. WTH. What about the sensor? It will be here overnight.
I'm retired so, I've got a little t more patience now.
I call them today, Thursday. "We had to order a new fuel line and it'll be here next day air."
Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on?
Please enlighten me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to this forum and new to Buick.
I purchased a used 2018 Regal TourX. It has maybe 19k on it now.
I ran it out of gas on the freeway at 70 mph with an 1/8 showing on the gauge.
I was out of town, had it towed to the nearest dealer. After 3 hours, they told me I had run it out of fuel.
Two weeks later, it happened with 1/4 showing.
Ok, I take it in on Monday, it needs a new sensor on the gas tank and they had to order it. "Will be hear overnight!"
Great, I should get the car back on Wednesday, giving them time to do it right. "We'll call you when it's ready."
No calls on Wednesday. Ok, everyone is short handed, give them a break. I give them a call.
They orderd a new gas tank and a driveshaft. WTH. What about the sensor? It will be here overnight.
I'm retired so, I've got a little t more patience now.
I call them today, Thursday. "We had to order a new fuel line and it'll be here next day air."
Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on?
Please enlighten me.
Well, first of all, congratulations on your purchase. It's among Buick's last sedans sold in North America.
Please pick up a 1 gallon gas can, or possibly two 1 gallon gas cans. Some if not all gas stations prohibit pumping gas into anything else, but a gas can. Then ask your repairer: What work was completed on the vehicle, what parts have arrived at the shop. After listening, pay for both, pick up your car, fill up both gas cans and drive home. That will get you out of the financial crunch you are being asked to finance.
Google search the deficiency you are incurring with your Buick. For instance, Google, Buick, Year, Model, Engine designation, # of cylinders, liters and symptom. Amazon, E-Bay and other retailers sell original equipment service manuals. It might not be cheap, but I suggest purchasing it. They have sections for trouble shooting. Finally, there maybe a General Motors recall for Buicks' with faulty working gas gauges, so Google National Highway Safety Transportation Administration and recalls and gas tank to see if it generates results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts