Buick Regal Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... got a few questions for you owners.

1. Do you like the car so far? Any regrets in the purchase, or things you find DON'T like now that you've spent a lot of time in the car?

2. Is the 2.4 base engine really as under-powered as many articles claim? I think I want the Turbo, but I am wondering if it would be worthwhile to test drive a base model. Does the Turbo really feel more powerful seat-of-the-pants? Seems like it would, looking at the torque curve.

Thanks for any and all feedback.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have owned my 2011, German built, Regal for one year and am very happy with the car. The 2.4 base engine has more than enough power for normal driving. In my opinion, critics that consider it under powered, do not understand gearing that the six speed automatic provides.

The fit and finish, inside and out, of the German built vehicle is outstanding. All of the components, switches etc., are of excellent quality. I have only examined one Oshawa built Regal and it had the same assembly problems that cars produced in that plant have had for the past 20-30 years. The Regal is my 26th new car, 22 of which have been GM products, many of which were produced in Oshawa. I was only able to examine the exterior and cannot comment on the interior or the driveablity. In my opinion, when these cars come on the used car market, German built vehicles will demand a higher price.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Regal turbo

I have had my regal turbo for two weeks now and am very happy with the car. I trade my '09 CTS for the car and have no regrets at all. It is a fun car to drive. I would definitely get the turbo. Not only are you getting more performance out of the car, you get more features for a bit more money. There are a few things about the car inside that I have found to be a bother. The first is the cup holder and armrest. Bad placement and clumpsy to put in and take out cup. Also difficult to open the compartment that has small storage. Also radio and navigation buttons are kind of spread out. You get used to it but takes some time. Can't find one complaint about outside of car. It's very appealing to the eyes. I have the TO7 package with the 19 inch wheels and rims.. the option of switching your driving to sport and tour mode works very well and is a blast to drive in sport mode. One other major problem for me is no remote start. I talked to GM and they said if enough complaints are made they might come out with factory remote kit. So everyone complain. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts