Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Chad.
I'm leasing my 2013 Buick Regal and it's got 1,900 miles on it.
A Check Engine Light just came on.
Just got back from the dealership.
They said there was a code showing Water in the Fuel Tank.
I've never used E-85 (Ethanol) and always used the better gas (Get Go with Giant Eagle or Sheetz).
They supposedly removed the code for Check Engine Light but it is still on.
This code is hindering me from using the Remote Starter before I go to work since it's so cold at night now, here in Pittsburgh, PA.

They are saying if they have to pull the fuel tank down and have to replace it, that I'm responsible for the costs. This does not sound right to me. I'm not at fault and never used E-85 even though the car is designed for it.

I'm not sure where to turn from here. The Engine Light is STILL ON after three times today they "removed it". The one guy says "I don't know what to tell you dude. Just drive it over the weekend and see if it sputters. If it does, call us".

·
Registered
16 Posts
Chad,
Since our wonderful government has allowed gas dealers to increase the content of ethanol in gas from 10% too 15% you will end up with problems in the tank. Keeping the tank full will help some to keep the water out. You can look for stations that sell non ethenol gas downside is its premium fuel and sells for about 1$ more per gallon than premium with ethanol. Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts