Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The story: It's been raining here due to hurricane Sandy. I went to go fill up a tank of gas at a known good gas station. I try to start the car, it cranks for three seconds and never starts. I try again, it kicks over but seems rough. Drive it and it's rough, jitty, weird stuff, felt like timing. My initial thought is it was a tank of bad gas. I get through the bad gas, clear both P0496 & P0014 codes that were thrown. The code doesn't come back. Later on P0014 comes back after a long highway drive. Clear it. It comes back again and I take it to the dealership.

I take it to the dealership and they replace the camshaft position actuator intake solenoid and the camshaft position actuator exhaust solenoid for the P0496 code AND they do a engine control module reprogram. The guy said there was an update regarding this and this new code with solenoids resolves it.

They replaced the evaporative emission canister purge solenoid valve to get rid of the P0014 code.

Just throwing out there the codes I observed and the actions that the dealership took to resolve them to help aid a do-it-yourself'er down the road. This was on a 2011 CXL Turbo with no mods except a K&N drop in panel air filter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
P0014

I just had my Check Engine light come on yesterday, on my way home from work. The dealership checked and my code was also P0014. They gave me a loaner car and will be repairing it today. Hopefully my repair will be similar to yours.

Thank you for posting your experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts