Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GS with auto. tran. It has both rear and front parking sensors.
When I shift into reverse the rear sensors come on and the light on the dash comes on. when I shift to drive the light goes off as well as the parking sensor for the rear.

In order to make the front sensors work I have to push the button on the dash. The front sensors then work as well as the indicator on the info. screen.

When I turn the car off the front sensors go off and I have to manually turn them on agin when I start the car agin.

Is that how all GS cars front sensors work?

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
parking sensors

If that is the case it does not make sense. After they turn off and I am going to park the car I have to turn the sensors on manually if I am pulling into a parking spot and not backing in.It seems to me that both front and back should default to on.

I had a Caddillac DTS that worked with default being on.

I called Buick directly which is a waste of time. I know more about cars than the people who answer. She put me on hold for 15 minutes and the next thing I know I am talking to my local service manager. I have an appt. next Tuesday.
Will post what I find out.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Front parking sensors

After quite a bit of runaround I finally got my answer from Buick. You have to manually turn on the parking sensors once you shift into drive or do it when you start the car and b/4 you put it in reverse or the front sensors will not work after you shift into drive .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.