Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my contact getting me the 20mm spacers and the OPC H&R springs. I should have the spacers next week, but the springs are coming over with the next H&R container. I'll let everyone know how it all fits.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got the rear spacers on today. Only have to cut the bullet off the end of the factory stud. Sits really well and looks like it should. Going to try and get the front later this week and will post pics then. Not sure when the springs are showing up...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All four corners on...

Got all four corners on and it sits PHAT! Can't wait to get the springs on it and bring it down a little.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you install yourself please do a "how to" for us newbies. Thanks! Looking forward to the results.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not recieved the springs yet, they were a special order from overseas. The car looks really good without the springs, but it sits just a little too high for me... If the springs lower too much, i was going to dump the spacers on the G8 guys, they all want to widen the track on the rear and these are perfect for that. I think it will be ok though as the additional drop will camber the wheels a little more and make everything tuck like it should.

J

i was gonna get spacers too soon. did you ever get the springs?

·
Registered
35 Posts
we've decided not to put spacers on until the car is lowered. im having difficulty getting my hands on springs would you be able to fill me in on how to get my hands on a set please?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me see if the ones I have coming work and then I will get you set up with the part number. The part number I used was not a US item number and I have connections to get these shipped from Germany. Once I see how they work I will get you the model number. The you should be able to go to your local shop that sells H&R and have them order them. If not, I will get youto my contact that can sell them to you. But, let's see if they fit first!

J

we've decided not to put spacers on until the car is lowered. im having difficulty getting my hands on springs would you be able to fill me in on how to get my hands on a set please?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is not what I bought and I am not being secretive. I just don't want someone to order something from my opinion until I know they fit. Once I have everything in place and it works, then I have no problem giving the part numbers I bought.
Don't have to be so secret, people have bought these months ago and got them ASAP.

Irmscher Lowering Spring Kit

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got my H&Rs from the UK months ago but a combination of procrastination, busy schedule, and really hot weather have kept me from installing them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What item number H&Rs you get?

I am trying to find the time to get them on too. taking the kids to soccer, dance, and fund raisers makes it tough to get it torn apart. Now the weather is turning and getting colder, so no fun doing it in the garage... I also take my G8 in for a complete exhaust system tomorrow, so the GS is my only transportation... I got fortunate on my springs and they cost me less than $200 shipped........

·
Registered
19 Posts
28998-5 and I *should* be installing them tomorrow.

I hope you didn't buy the OPC springs like your original post... the real OPC is AWD and H&R makes a different kit for AWD versus FWD.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All in and on the road. GTXgp, you were right about the rear springs being different, but it wasn't enough for me to not use them. So here is the finished results.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts