Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've recently entered the market for a new used car and have stumbled across a 2012 Buick regal GS. Currently, I am trying to determine if it is a fitting vehicle for my needs. I am moving out of my parent's house and thus need a reliable vehicle that won't need expensive repairs, as this will be the first time in my life that I have to be careful with my expenses. I'm looking at a GS because I like the features it offers as well as its clean looks and higher horsepower, but am unsure with my lack of knowledge if it will do well in the reliability category knowing that it is the first year this generation of Buick released the GS trim. Also, what do you think about the price, as KBB and similar sites seem to be all over the place with their suggestions?

Information about the particular vehicle I am looking at.
-50,180 miles
-2 owners. 1st owner put 46k miles on it and regularly serviced it at the dealership, the 2nd owner put the remaining miles on it and owned it for 3 years having maintenance performed on it as well at a transmission shop (seems that he has kept it in the garage for the life of ownership) did not drive it much due to living only at this house for part of the year, he is 85 years old if that helps paint the picture. The car looks pretty good after seeing it today, but i do feel the price is a little high.
-price $15,500
-the year 2012
-clean title
-owner said will need new battery soon
-body in good condition, paint is good and no major scratching 3-4 dents and a chip out of the plastic in the driver side brake light
-Located in midwest

Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
My understanding is General Motors, (GM), no longer makes this vehicle model and or engine for North America. The Regal GS is a vehicle with great styling and a lot of amenities. I suggest passing on GS or Turbo Regals and opting for the non turbo versions ordered with the same amenities given both GS and Turbo Regals contain GM's first production first direct injection engine. A high pressure fuel pump, camshaft sensors, and a twin scroll turbo adds to engine complexity. Search YouTube and Buick Regal GS for more information of the vehicle. If you are still interested in it after conducting a YouTube and Google search, consider prior to purchase that if it's going to be a daily driver you might have to open up your pocket book or roll up your sleeves to keep it in good operating condition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts