Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of an odd question, but I don't really know where else to ask this other then here, a mecca for people quite familiar with these engines.

Well one of my side projects is finding and installing an engine & tranny combo in my Chevy S10. I'm quite impressed with the performance and usability of the engine in my 2012 regal GS. So what I was giving some consideration to, is mating this engine to either an auto or manual tranny to be used in the 2WD set up. Unfortunately I'm not overly familiar with what would work with these engines and what wouldn't. I was hoping for a decent build on this engine, hoping for around 400+ hp. Unfortunately the stock S10 transmission really can't handle that sort of power, so what else would work? Yes this will be a RWD set up in the end.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^surprisingly not as much as one would think. An Ls2 with the t56 is about a 7-8k package turnkey out of a late model crashed gto or the like. Well after doing some more research, these engines work quite well with the Saturn sky & solstice tranny's. So that should work quite well. Thanks for the uh..... "help". Very informative.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Didn't mean to sound like I was trynna bash on your idea so apologies if it came out that way, but just strange that'd you'd wanna take on that kinda project. Anyway, 7 to 8 grand on an ls2??! Gees I've seen fully built motors and tranny package here for no more than 5! Maybe an lt1 or ls1 would be cheaper than an ls2? I mean if you're looking into building it I'd go that route. Good luck on the build and keep us updated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.