Buick Regal Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just posted this on buick forums to get more responses.
not sure if this is normal but it only happens when the car is cooled down, like sitting overnight. backing out of my driveway, it shifts into reverse right away, but when I shift into drive, it takes about 2-3 seconds. not a big deal. more annoying than anything. if a car is coming down the block, it feels like forever and they`re probably cursing me out for taking so long.
after that it`s fine and shifts quicker. anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't noticed this in quite the same way but my 2011 Regal seems like it sometimes takes a minute for the transmission to decide to gear forward when sitting on a stop sign or red light.

With a delay in shifting, it makes me wonder if you have a valve sticking when cold. This might be worthwhile having checked out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I`ve noticed the same thing, it`s a little hurky jerky at times. I`m hoping this is the tranny still learning my driving habits, I only have 500 miles on it. I`m going by the dealer today, let`s see what he says.

how many miles do you have on your car srb?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can this be caused by neutral idle?...I've notice the same thing when first shifting from reverse to drive in the mornings. A slight delay before engaging gear.

I know that the Aisin F40 transmission, on turbos, has this feature (neutral idle). It goes into neutral when stopped a few seconds to reduce engine load and improve fuel economy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 2,500 miles NYCB. The neutral idle makes sense. That is exactly what it seems my problem is. I am definately not a fan of that delay as I think it is a safety issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got the car back from the dealer and it`s doing the same thing. it MIGHT shift a little quicker than before, or that might be wishful thinking. they performed an engine stall avoidance reset drive pattern and said it`s fine. oh well, guess I gotta deal with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts