Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I can't find any info anywhere and the Dealership can not hear what I hear so here it goes.

I have a 2012 GS 6 speed MT and when driving it hard or normal I keep hearing a clicking like sound between 1st and 2nd as well as 2nd to 3rd gear. Happens when I'm disengaging the clutch and giving it slght gas "around that griping point". The sounds seems to be coming from the driver side but hard to verify since I'm always driving it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ok so I can't find any info anywhere and the Dealership can not hear what I hear so here it goes.

I have a 2012 GS 6 speed MT and when driving it hard or normal I keep hearing a clicking like sound between 1st and 2nd as well as 2nd to 3rd gear. Happens when I'm disengaging the clutch and giving it slght gas "around that griping point". The sounds seems to be coming from the driver side but hard to verify since I'm always driving it.
Hi Andrewz21,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this clicking sound with your 2012 Regal GS. I see that you mentioned already having taken your vehicle to your dealership, and that they weren’t able to hear the noise you’re experiencing. Were you able to ride along with the technician as they were listening for the noise? We would certainly be more than happy to look into this concern further, and facilitate communication with your dealership. If interested, please send us a private message including your VIN, full contact information, current mileage and the name of your preferred dealer.

Kind regards,

Shane M.
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe im having the same issue! I took it to the dealer, but they couldnt hear anything. I drive the car everyday (2012 GS 6MT) but the dealership may not notice it. I know something is wrong and like you said, I hear the noise mainly when shifting from 1st to 2nd and sometimes from 2nd to 3rd. I also have a lot of vibration when I get into the higher RPM's. To me, it seems something in the transmission is loose. Please let me know if you figure anything out!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I believe im having the same issue! I took it to the dealer, but they couldnt hear anything. I drive the car everyday (2012 GS 6MT) but the dealership may not notice it. I know something is wrong and like you said, I hear the noise mainly when shifting from 1st to 2nd and sometimes from 2nd to 3rd. I also have a lot of vibration when I get into the higher RPM's. To me, it seems something in the transmission is loose. Please let me know if you figure anything out!!
Hey trentrobins,

I apologize that you seem to also be experiencing this same transmission concern with your GS. As I had mentioned with Andrewz21, were you able to have one of the technicians ride along with you at the dealership? I would be happy to look into this concern further and get back in touch with your dealer. Please feel free to send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, full contact info and the name of your preferred local dealership.

Best regards,

Shane M.
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
2 Posts
I might as well chime in! :) I have a 2012 with the 6MT. To me it sounds like a spark knock noise. I can only hear it between 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd, but i'm assuming I cant hear it after that because of road noise. I hear it more when I dont make a perfect shift and when I'm slow on releasing the clutch. It seems to be related to engine speed until the clutch is fully engaged. Not sure what rotates in this transmission at engine speed while the clutch is disengaged, but I would believe its in that region where the problem is. I'm taking my car in and having them check on this and other problems before its out of warranty, hopefully something will be determined then.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any updates on this? I'm going to take my car to the dealer and leave it till they figure it out. I did read somewhere that this is normal? But find that hard to believe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took my car into the dealership yesterday for two reasons, 1) Im tired of the noise coming from my trasmission and 2) to get the Regal Stage Kit. Im gonna have them do everything at once so I dont have to go to the dealer twice but the kit might not come in for a couple weeks. I found some other info on another forum that the flywheel might be the problem (which makes sense to me). Heres the link to the other forum:
Getting tired of this transmission clunking

Ill be sure to update when I hear back from the dealer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts