Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of us has tried at one point or another. I honestly thought it made a difference. Never really had any actual facts to back it up. Just bought based on the brand names. What I found out about them from this video suprised me.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
It must accumulative if it actually does work.
What? Accumulative? I don't get it.

I have never used these things, the computer's ECU doesn't adjust spark for the added octane and most times they just cause detonation. In effect, they slow you down. What a waste. At least it was revealed in the video. What is that from anyways? Sounds like an Australian show or something.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What? Accumulative? I don't get it.

I have never used these things, the computer's ECU doesn't adjust spark for the added octane and most times they just cause detonation. In effect, they slow you down. What a waste. At least it was revealed in the video. What is that from anyways? Sounds like an Australian show or something.

I see your point. The accumulative effect would end up as a simple plecebo and would do nothing in the long term. No such thing as cheap power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.