Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, uncommanded braking has happened 6 times this summer, 3 times this month alone. With 2 of them the steering wheel shaking left/right.

Buick Customer Service's response, we have exhausted all avenues to fix the problem and will not buy the car back.

Yup, they really stand behind their product.

My advice to anything thinking of a Buick, look elsewhere. Their interest in safety is not where it needs to be. And I have already asked an avenue for them to look into to fix the problem. As far as I am aware of, there is no interest to check out my idea.

Having a technical background and having flown aircraft for the military for many years, Im used to talking to maintenance when there is an issue with a jet Ive flown. I try to get as technical as possible and do all I can to help MX fix the problem. This would be the first time Ive asked a question concerning a problem in trying to get that problem fixed and being completely blown off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same issue on my wifes 2011 CXL. We took it to the dealer a couple of times and they were unable to reproduce the issue. I honestly didn't believe my wife for a long time as it would never happen when I was driving, then one day...it did. I sat down and started searching for anyone else with the problem but didn't really find anything so I starting searching TSB databases and happened across one that sounded all too familiar to our problem. I had a friend that works in a local dealership pull the actual TSB and give me a printout which I handed to the service manager at my local Buick dealership. They made the changes recommended in the TSB and the problem has been resolved since. When the fix was complete, I had just run out of warranty but since it was reported multiple times during the warranty period I was not charged at all....and my wife was given a loaner during the time it took to get the parts in stock. Cannon Buick in Lakeland, FL. Not a bad bunch over there but I wish I didn't have to do the research for them.

Why we, as the consumer, have to dig up data that is already in the dealers systems is beyond me but as in most things, you are your best advocate.

Description: GENERAL MOTORS: BRAKE PEDAL DOES NOT RAISE AFTER APPLY BRAKES REMAIN APPLIED OR BRAKE LIGHTS ON UNWANTED. THE CONDITION MAY OCCUR IN HIGH TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY CONDITIONS AND MAY NOT BE REPEATABLE. *JS UPDATED 08/28/2012 *JS UPDAT

Date Reported
JULY 01 2012

NHTSA Reference

TSB Reference
#PIC 5692

1 - 2 of 2 Posts