Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I purchased a used 2011 Buick Regal 2.0 T in April 2014. There has always been a very rough down shift where I get a considerable rev in RPM's. This usually happens at around 35 mph during rush hour traffic. It does not happen all the time (for example if I was going 70 mph on the highway and slow to 0, it does not happen, but if I'm going 50 mph and slow down to 25 mph, sure enough I get the rev up) but when it does the RPM's will spike almost a 1000 RPM's and I lurch forward as if I'm driving a manual and slowing down by downshifting. I have had it into the dealership twice in as many months and they keep saying that the car drives like any other 6 speed transmission. I am not a gear head but I have driven enough to know that the trans should not do that.

Anyone else having this issue?? Is there something specific I need to tell the dealer to have them identify and fix the problem? My factory warranty (bumper to bumper) is just about out of miles (50K), and I want to get this sorted out JIC they say its not covered under the powertrain warranty (100K).

I love the car and I want to enjoy driving... But this rough downshift is making it very difficult. I drive about 25-30 miles to work each way in rush hour and the speeds are the perfect speeds where this problem lives. ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! Please help!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
We're glad to hear that you've planned to visit your dealership about this, sweatervest13. Sorry for any trouble this has caused. Although we're unable to provide any technical assistance, we'd be happy to do some additional research on our end prior to your dealership visit. Please private message us your VIN and mileage if we can be of assistance.

Amber N.
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright... The Buick is back at the dealership for a third time. Hopefully this time they will identify the problem and fix it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have a '14 and it shifts very smoothly. I would ask them to pull the pan and check for debris in the pan and even cut the filter open if they can't find a cause. It may be something as simple as a software issue but even if I had to pay for them to pull the pan I would make sure they did it. It's a good maintenance practice to get it done anyway. And don't let them talk you into a 'flush', I've seen way more issues caused by that as opposed to a simple drain and refill and replacing the filter (if it has one).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts