Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anyone know what the FSM recommends? Is it Synthetic or conventional? Also which one do you guys think would be better to use? I know technically synthetic is better than conventional but in some vehicles conventional is more than enough for the motor.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I pretty sure its synthetic only, and must be DEXOS approved. I checked tonight actually and the new Mobil 1 has the logo right on the bottle.

My oil cap reads DEXOS right on it. Do you have the 2.4 or the 2.0?

·
Registered
25 Posts
According to Buick, my Regal (Russelheim) came from the factory with "synthetic blend". Mobile One advertises as being "Factory Fill' for the Regals twin, the Opel Insignia.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So does anyone know what the FSM recommends? Is it Synthetic or conventional? Also which one do you guys think would be better to use? I know technically synthetic is better than conventional but in some vehicles conventional is more than enough for the motor.
I to use Mobil One Dexos full synthtic 5w30 oil in my 2011. The factory fill is a syn. blend but to me the full syn will hold up better and the small extra cost is worth the warm and fuzzy feeling I get using the full synthetic version of the Dexos oil. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.