Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am looking for winter tires and wheels for my 2011 Regal. has 235 50 18 on it now, what is a safe size i can you use because i don t see any used steel wheels around for this car. found some caddy wheels that will fit, offset is close 42 v 48 and 17 in.
any suggestions please.
thanks WJ

·
Registered
8 Posts
I didn’t want to Mount and demount snows this year so I decided to go with an all weather tire versus all season. Went w/ Nokian wrg4 all weather supposed to be better than all seasons and almost as good as snows. Terrible tire Almost got stuck in deep snow. 1 to 2 inch snow on salted roads have to drive under 20 mph with stabilitrack. Turn off stability track and they’re dangerous. 0° dry salted roads they are slippery. So stay away from them. Lots of nice wheels and one-year-old snows on craigslist, but have to match bolt pattern, offset, and center bore. I didn’t have any luck with that. if you go to 17 inch wheels with tirerack, my understanding is the best snow tire for your money is the general altimax arctic. Since it’s late in the season you probably already made your decision. I’d be interested in what you did. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree. Bought a set in dec 18. Terrible in any snow. Deep snow dangerous. Had to wait until streets were salted and clear before driving. Went w/ Dedicated snows in 19. Back to confident driving in any snow. That said, in non snow weather G4’s have good rolling resistance, 34 mpg Hywy. Good in rain, very little slippage, and I expect aggressive performance from a tire. Good cornering in dry. Good wear approx 30k miles and about 1/2 worn. I actually wish they’d where out so I could get some thing else. Verdestein(spelling) seems like they really are an all weather tire and good performance in most other areas, per Tire Rack reviews. Probably my next pick.
G4 are not all weather even though they say so. I don’t think they are even a good all season. There are other all seasons out there that are better. They have a good aggressive tread appearance, but that’s it. The old G3‘s were supposedly good in the snow but wore quickly. I think they made the G4 too hard of rubber. So yah, pretty much same experience you had.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts